Thursday, January 15, 2015

Sappy Then, Sappy Now

I'm that person who tears at anything that tugs at my heartstrings - even just the slightest. Could be a film, a song, a commercial, even a cartoon. Apparently I've been like that since I was a kid. When I was just over a year old, my mum enrolled me to a pre-preschool(?) - TumbleTots. I've heard the story lots of times, and I heard it again yesterday.

My birthday fell on one of the lesson days. The teachers got me a cake and gathered everyone around; the kiddies, their parents. When they sang 'Happy Birthday' to me, I just started crying. Of course, I don't remember how I cried exactly, but I could imagine. The kind of tears that stream down involuntarily, soon accompanied by soft sniffles. Cause that's how I still cry now. One of the teachers (who adored me - I was the chubbiest, quietest kid) exclaimed "Aww...you're so emotional!" Yup, I am alright.

This reminds me of another recurring incident in my childhood, but one that I could clearly remember. Every time someone sang Barney's 'I Love You' song when I was going to bed, I would cry. Every. Time. It just happens.

I think this is one trait that I would never outgrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment